Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Great Park Adventure - Metropolitan Park

Today, I decided to go downtown and see what's happening with Kids Kampus. Sadly, I have nothing to report.  Maybe I didn't recognize what I was looking at, but I didn't see any evidence that there is any playground building going on. I am totally out of the loop with regard to local politics, so it may have been scrapped and I have no knowledge of it. Either way, we spent hours having fun at Metropolitan Park. Honestly, I think Metropolitan Park is one of the coolest, prettiest things about our fair city.

Obviously, Metro Park is often closed to the public because of concerts and other events, but when it's open, it's a fun place to go explore. :)

Check it.




We had a picnic at the top of a pavilion.












We raced in the grass.




We made faces for the camera.







And we played on the playground equipment. This is all there is, for now.


If you are a Jacksonville native, I know you have childhood memories of climbing this gator! :)







Education.









Ruining the fun.... but that gator's probably really old.




We had a blast! You should go do the same! :)

Here is the Metro Park website, and its amenities are listed below.

AmenityCount
Benches136
Bike racks12
Boat docks78
Drinking Fountain
Grills15
Pedestrian Docks1
Perimeter Site Fencing
Picnic shelters6
Picnic Tables43
Playground Equipment1
Restrooms3
Security Lighting
Trash Barrels45


No comments:

Post a Comment