Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Great Park Adventure - Crabtree Park

The Great Park Adventure took us to the Lakewood area today, where we visited Crabtree Park. I have to say, it was a PERFECT park day. Crabtree has lots of amenities, including a playground, swings, a baseball field, and two basketball courts. The park was clean, shady, and totally graffiti-free. It was really great. Seriously. Go check it out sometime!

Now, I don't know if all other parents secretly do this when they visit parks without other parents watching, but I am a full participant. I slide on all the slides, test out the swings, climb ladders and twisty things, and dangle helplessly from the monkey bars.... but as of today, I have decided there is one thing that I will never do again. Read on.




As you can see, Crabtree has the slightly older playground equipment with metal slides. They are super fun in this weather, but I imagine my opinion would have been different had we visited in July. It is still REALLY shady though, so it might not be so bad. :)


Plenty of swings, all in working order. There was, however, one baby swing that had been thrown over the top bar. We weren't tall enough to untangle it, but it appeared to be just fine. :)




There's a nice little covered pavilion for your parties and whatnot.



You are free to make fish faces at Crabtree park. So, that's good news.





You can also pretend to be in toddler jail, which is fun.


And here it is.... the thing I will NEVER do again. Every couple of weeks, I decide to crawl through one of these tubes again, thinking that my memory of hurting knees from last time was just a fluke. Well, it's not. It's time to face the facts, momma. You are too old to go crawling through these tubes. My knees hurt SO bad after one crawl through this 6 foot tube that I swore them off forever. If you ever catch me in one again, or if you are at the park with me and I start rationalizing reasons to enter, just slap me in the face. Seriously. Permission granted in advance. 


It's fun if you're a toddler and can practically walk or sit on your patootie, but it's no fun for a momma! Who's with me!?!?









I started considering installing a dugout somewhere to trap my children when I need to clean or get other things done. They would be happy and just feel like they were on a special baseball team. What are your thoughts?. 





Anyway, other than the knee incident, we had LOTS of fun at Crabtree Park! Go check it out! 

Here is its website, and its amenities are listed below.

Park Amenities

AmenityCount
Baseball Youth1
Basketball1
Basketball Lighted1
Benches9
Bleachers3
Grills1
Perimeter Site Fencing
Picnic Tables2
Playground Equipment2
Security Lighting
Softball Youth1
Trash Barrels6



No comments:

Post a Comment