Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Book Project, Continued (Books 91-100)

We did it! We finished the Top 100 Children's Books of All Time! Actually, we'll probably read the "just missed the list" group as well. ;) Anyway, here's what we thought!


My review - Funny little book! George doesn't know how to bark... but you'll see why! And there's a joke at the end that I'm pretty sure only the grown-ups will understand. Check it out!

Ephraim's Review - He was silly because he just barked and he said, "I can't talk," and he said, "Hello." He said "You're crazy." 


My review - Okay, I found this book to be hilarious. I think we're going to have to read the whole series. It is actually a collection of "shorts," so  you should definitely try it out if you need a laugh.

Ephraim's Review - It is silly because they were trying to play and then they go in the dark silly hippo true of king. (No idea?)


My Review - This is story is taken from a Yiddish song about a fella named Joseph who really loves his coat, so much that he recycles little bits of it into new things constantly. I like a man who sews. Also, I wanted to sing the whole story, but have no rhythm and do not know the tune. ;)

Ephraim's Review - That was crazy, and you are so crazy I don't know what to even do!


My Review - This is one of the books that I remember loving as a child. So funny. That Miss Nelson will get those kids every time!

Ephraim's Review - That was silly because she just had a costume on, and the kids like you said, "You're crazy! I don't even know you!" That was funny at one point. 


My Review - This book was geared toward a little younger children, but it was cute and might just help your little sheep to fall asleep. ;)

Ephraim's Review - It is really funny because the sheep never sleeped, and sheeps are never supposed to sleep.


My Review - This one was a wee bit scary, but the message is about how to handle tough times, so I could see it being a really useful teaching tool. 

Ephraim's Review - That was pretty silly because the fish never came back until a shell came and the antler popped out of it.


My Review - Classic story! Everyone should read it!

Ephraim's Review - The elephants are naked because he's naked. So, he runs away and never comes back until summer today. (hahah. He found the dichotomy of city elephant in clothes and country elephant without clothes to be very funny.)


My Review - This is a funny little twist on the classic story. The ending is quite surprising as well! I think it would be fun to read all the pig/wolf stories and their spoofs at once! :)

Ephraim's Review - That's mixed up! The big bad wolf never came back to he throwed a dynamite at his backpack. That's why he got him with dynamite, but he didn't hurt so bad because he's a pig. He eats mud to help him go bad.


My Review - Well, a baby owlet dies in this story... and I'm always bummed when there's sad stuff in kid stories... but alas! It is an African folktale with the message that even one little mosquito can cause a whole lot of trouble!

Ephraim's Review - Why do mosquitoes buzz in ears? Because they are crazy, so they are peers. (He doesn't know the word "peers," he was coming up with a rhyming word for ears, and I'm pretty sure "peers" is entirely made up in his mind.)

Ephraim really wanted to type something. So, enjoy. 

ephraim p,mn 

(I suppose the "p,mn" is some sort of childhood credential.)

1 comment: