Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back to School - Week 5!

Here is this week's lesson plan.

For the "Chalk Rock Counting" activity, I am basically doing this, but using sidewalk chalk and rocks. This is somewhat similar to last week's M&M graphing activity, and builds on that same skill.

I am REALLY excited that we are almost done with "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons." I confess, I am growing very weary of it. ;) I'm also excited to switch over to the unit-style study. Basically, I've been compiling lists of things that Ephraim finds interesting (bugs, spiders, basketball, etc.). I am then finding 10 books related to the topic, since we read 2 books every day. They can be fictional or nonfictional and as loosely related as I'd like. For example, if we are learning about fish one week, we can choose a few nonfiction fish books, but we can also choose books with fish as the main characters, like Nemo. Make sense? Our crafts, art, math, and science activity will all be related to that topic as well. I tend to also add a Biblical perspective on whatever we are doing, so I'll try to figure out how to explain that in an upcoming blog. I will typically spend one week on each topic, but I may go longer if he still seems interested. He's only four, so I don't want to get too crazy (yet). :)

Also, Calvary Chapel has been revamping their curriculum! Although I failed to change it on the spreadsheet for this week's lesson plan, we have switched over to the 1-year Bible study for Little Ones (ages 2-kindergarten). This gives Quincy a little more freedom to use more of the included activities.

Anyway, I hope school is going well in your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment