Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back to School - Week 4!

Well, last week was pretty rough. We devoted most of our time to dealing with fevers and tonsillitis. So, we did not do our reading lessons, although we kept up with pretty much everything else. So, you'll notice we're repeating those lessons this week.

Here's the plan.

Also, I thought I'd kind of share how Ephraim's day goes, so you know how this works with our life.

He wakes up and I am already working. I grab him some breakfast and let him watch cartoons till his daddy gets up. Quincy and Aspen usually get up an hour or so later. Quincy handles the Bible lessons in our curriculum. He'll read the scripture and talk about the lesson all throughout the week. Anyway, I finish work around 9 a.m., and we get started on our day. Typically, we go for a bike ride or do something outside for at least a few minutes. At 10 a.m., we are doing something (unless it's Monday). We go to the park, library, beach, grocery store, or some place fun. We get back home around lunch time, have lunch, and then I put Aspen down for her nap. As soon as she's asleep, Ephraim and I do the reading lesson together. After we've done the lesson, we read 2 books (of his choosing). Then, we do our craft or math activity. At some point during the day, I will let him play some games on the computer. At bedtime, Quincy spends one-on-one time with him doing the Bible lesson. So, that's basically it. It's really pretty informal, other than the reading lesson. Once we finish this book, I do plan to switch to more of a unit study style, and I'm pretty stoked about that. So, here's to a week of wellness and getting back on track! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment