Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Overwhelmed!

When I am stressed out, anxious, and overwhelmed, I tend to write. Read at your own risk. I will now emotionally vomit, beginning with my own insignificant issues, and moving on to the big things.


Since yesterday, the rather insignificant issues have included sleeplessness (duh), child with concussion, argument over treating said child with concussion, air conditioning going out at rental home, and flat tire. Very selfishly, I do not appreciate this bombardment of "issues." I am on edge.


So, in the midst of all that, I feel like all the people I love the most are having major crises. Tonight, one of my friends, a friend who is as close as a sister as I will ever have, found her 2-year-old floating facedown in a pool. They resuscitated her and took her to the hospital. She is stable now. Hopefully, she will be fine, but this is just a scary and overwhelming situation! I have several friends in serious marital distress. Families are being attacked and falling apart all around us! I have friends with all sorts of workplace drama and difficulty to wade through. I genuinely feel like all the people I love the most are in the midst of some sort of serious struggle, the type of struggle that is beyond any of our own abilities to solve.


Hope remains. God is still God. I have no answers or thoughts other than His Word, so I'll leave you with that. 


Lamentations 3:21-26 - "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment