Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hey Lady! Whatchu Readin!??!

I've told you before how I'm a crazy reader. I've always got several books going, and I pick them up and put them down at random intervals. I figured since you know everything Ephraim's reading, I'd share some of the things currently on loan to ME from the Jacksonville Public Library. ;)

And in answer to your burning question, when do I find time to read? Whenever. My main reading time is in the afternoon. I put Aspen down for a nap and often read while I'm getting her to sleep. I then do "school time" with Ephraim and read him several books. I'll sit in his room and read my own books while he naps. It's a nice, quiet half hour or so before little lady wakes up.

I read both fiction and nonfiction, whatever floats my boat. I like to read marriage books because marriage is near and dear to my heart. I like to read things that challenge me, and things that entertain me.... so that's what I do. Hope you enjoy this little glimpse into my crazy mind! ;)

I've included my thoughts, if I've had any yet. ;)


This is a fictional novel by a Ray Blackston. I read a trilogy written by him that I found hilarious, so I was excited to see this on the shelf at the library. I'm only a few chapters in, and honestly, kind of lost! ;) Hopefully it will start to be clear soon! There is some kind of reverse rapture thing happening, and... well... it might not be as funny as his other books. I'm not giving up yet though!


Terri Blackstock is one of my favorite Christian fiction authors. I've read everything she's written. She kind of does a suspense type thing. Anyway, I just finished this book, and it was really good. She shares at the end of the story that her own daughter struggled with drug addiction, making this story rather personal. I think you should read everything she's written. That's just my 2 cents, though.


Here is one of my marriage books! Just like to gird up the ole marriage with a little extra attention whenever possible. Sometimes it is just helpful to read these types of books to encourage and remind ourselves that marriage is awesome and worthwhile!


Jane Austen is my go-to gal. I always have some Jane Austen in my life. She's like comfort food, and absolutely my favorite author.


Marriage book #2. Doesn't it look fun!?!? I haven't even cracked it open yet, but it seems like it should be a good one, if you are allowed to judge a book by its cover. 


"UNconditional" by Brian Zahnd is not for the faint at heart. I'm not even halfway through, and that fella is steppin' on my toes! Here's the full title. "UNconditional? The call of Jesus to RADICAL FORGIVENESS." This has been on my mind a lot today with the current media frenzy. I'm not going to take sides or go into that too much... but I will recommend this book. Well, I'm not done reading it yet, so don't go taking this as a FULL endorsement. ;)


The forever-long Bible study. My friends and I have been working on this little title FOR-EV-ER. :) It's an excellent study and such an encouragement. We are just easily distracted by the stuff of life. Priscilla Shirer is most certainly an author (and speaker) to check out!


Last, but not least... lest you think I'm a pagan myself! ;) 

Also, Ephraim has absolutely fallen in love with the movie, "Ramona and Beezus." It is really a great movie. I love it too! So, we always listen to Adventures in Odyssey or some other childrens' books on CD in the van. We are starting the Ramona books tomorrow!

What are you reading? I always appreciate a good recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment