Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Great Park Adventure - Murray Hill Playground

I have so many funny things to say about today... This morning at 10 a.m., I showed up at Murray Hill Playground with my children and a couple of friends. We had bathing suits and swim shoes, but we weren't totally sure that the water feature would be on. It was most definitely on! And guess what? Every single one of my Facebook friends were there too! Okay, not really, but there were like a million kids there. I'm thinking there was one daycare group and one church camp group. SO fun!

Many of the children fell in love with Aspen and followed her around everywhere. There was one particularly funny situation with a 5-year-old boy who had an "outie" belly button. Apparently, Aspen found this fascinating. She poked that belly button QUITE a few times! Thankfully, the little boy found it hilarious and was pretty accommodating. ;) In explaining the story later, Ephraim told my parents that the boy had a "hot dog" on his belly button. hahah ohmyword.

Another funny situation was a little dog showing up at the park near the end of our time there. There was an old lady with probably an 8-pound terrier walking in the park. She was WAY far from the water feature, but several of these children were extremely concerned about a dog being in the park. A group of 5 or 6 girls came RUNNING to me, exclaiming, "Get the baby! There's a dog loose in the park!" LOL Seriously, 8-pound terrier. Aspen could take that dog.

Okay, last funny story, and then on to info about the park. One of the little mommas in the group (probably an 8-year-old) said to me, "Is that your daughter?" "Yes," I replied. "How old is she?" she asked. I told her she was 18 months old. She replied, "Aww, and she already walkin? That's so good. I was walkin' when I was 9 months old. When will she be one?" HAHAHAH I wish I could accurately convey her attitude and mannerisms in this. It was totally like a little momma talking to another mom. I explained that one happened at 12 months, etc. It was really cute. I love kids. They are so funny.

Annnyway.... Murray Hill Playground. FUN times! LOVED the water feature! My kids went nuts for it. There was a lot of spraying in the hiney area and putting feet over the sprinklers to prevent the water from shooting out. They also held out their shirts and shorts over the sprinklers to receive spray. Aspen tried imitating all of this, which was really cute. The park was pretty clean and shady. If it is that popular, they could use SEVERAL more benches. I was a little disappointed that there were no baby swings. Aspen kept running to the swings, and I kept having to turn her down. This park has baseball fields and is the home of the Murray Hill Athletic Association, as well. Overall, it was a really fun time! I just love that some of our local parks have water features. It is really an awesome thing in Florida!

Enjoy the pics!















































We had a blast today! I hope you go check it out. :)

Here is the park's website, and its amenities.

Baseball Youth Lighted 2


Basketball Lighted 1

Benches 10

Bleachers 12

Car Parking 135

Concession Stand 2

Drinking Fountain

Perimeter Site Fencing

Picnic shelters 1

Picnic Tables 13

Playground Equipment 3

Restrooms 2

Security Lighting




2 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great time! And funny stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrllll, I would like to reenact some of it for you. The written word doesn't do it justice!

    ReplyDelete