Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Great Park Adventure - Glynlea Park

Today, I had absolutely no plan when I left the house, other than picking up some baby wipes and going to "a park." We just so happened to choose Glynlea Park, with no advanced planning on my part. Ha! ;)

This park is the home of the Southside Youth Athletic Association and is mostly used for baseball/softball/t-ball. There is a playground located within the park, which is where we spent most of our time. The park also has basketball courts, a tennis court, and restrooms.

The playground area is very nicely shaded, which was much appreciated in the heat of this day! The bugs, however, found their way to my legs and had a feast! ;) The negative about this playground area is that it has a lot of graffiti. With my budding reader eager to sound out everything he sees, my distraction tactics were in full force!

We had lots of fun, though, and I'm sure it is a great thing for the siblings of all the little baseball players during those long, boring, miserable games! ;)




Baseball fields


Tennis court, and basketball courts beyond


Parking lot and more baseball fields



Somebody left what I sure hope was some juice on this slide! ;)




The daredevil at her finest.









Here you can see that there's plenty of playground seating for parents, and lot of unfortunate graffiti. Come on, Southside teenagers! Enough with the shenanigans! (It may be unfair to blame teenagers without any proof, but what can I say???)



Okay, this hole is in the top of the slide and is a natural area for a handle, so of course my children stuck their hands in it every time. Trying to avoid planting fears in their heads, I let them do it... but I was afraid some sort of monster was going to come out of there... or at least wasps?!?










He wanted her upside-down sunglasses to be just right.




This is the triangle of skin where I failed to put sunscreen for yesterday's beach trip.





Aspen wanted a turn with the camera.




This was the longest, slowest slide ever... this whole process took about 5 minutes.




We had fun today! Hope you go check it out!

Here is the park's website, and its amenities.


Baseball Youth Lighted2
Basketball2
Benches8
Bike racks1
Bleachers9
Car Parking50
Drinking Fountain
Picnic Tables2
Playground Equipment2
Restrooms4
Softball Youth Lighted1
Tennis Hard Lighted1
Trash Barrels9

No comments:

Post a Comment