Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Book Project, Continued (Books 41-50)

I'm really getting back in the game here! :) We actually read most of these books a long time ago, but I think our memories serve us well. :) Enjoy!

My review - Funny, cute story about all the things that could happen if you were to give a mouse a cookie! You'll be surprised how it all ends up! :) I really enjoyed it.

Ephraim's review - Not good because sometimes I like cookies and sometimes mouses don't like cookies. Oh yeah! That's it. Oh! That's it.

My review - This is actually a pretty sweet story about how "the old stuff" is still pretty useful... and maybe how to honor those who've been around a little longer than we have. :)

Ephraim's review - Not so bad because he built it up so fast. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah!


My review - Okay, I'll be honest. This book has a LOT of words. We often read books at naptime, and this really isn't a naptime book. It's the sort of book you want to have plenty of time to sit, read, and discover. If you do that, you'll LOVE it! There is so much interesting, intricate detail in the artwork, and it's a really informational book for the little ones!

Ephraim's review - I think we didn't get that. We didn't get that. We didn't get that, Mom. Very good. Very good. It's so good. Good, good, good, good, good.


My review - Heart strings! Awwww! This was such a sweet book. I definitely recommend reading it if you are about to be separated from your child for any period of time... or if they are going off to school or something. So sweet.

Ephraim's review - That was pretty funny because when the mother kissed the baby's hand, it was so funny because wherever you go, you can say "I love you, Mom," and she can say "I love you too, baby." It was so funny.

My review - Well, seriously, who doesn't love this book? This is an inspirational story that every kid ought to read! Ephraim really enjoyed it. This was one of this group that he requested over and over and over again!

Ephraim's review - That was pretty chuggy because it's chuggy. I liked it. Yes, yes, yes, yes. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....


My review - This is a timeless story, and since I watched that Beatrix Potter movie with Renee Zellweger, I appreciated it even more! ;)

Ephraim's review - This book was pretty, pretty not good.


My review - This was a really cool book that is mostly artwork, and mostly about frogs! Take some time to look it over with your little one. You'll see what the frogs are really up to on Tuesday nights....

Ephraim's review - Ah, that one was pretty funny. Hop, hop, hop, hop, hop! (He's apparently feeling very repetitive today.)


My review - This was a really cute book that I may soon reread to Aspen. It was a little too "baby-ish" for Ephraim, but really fun nonetheless. It was sort of an interactive game type book for reading with very little ones. Aspen's just started to point out her nose, eyes, ears, and mouth, so I think I may have to do a second round with this book sooner rather than later!

Ephraim's review - The belly button is right there! That one's funny!

My review - This was a funny, silly, rhyming book about five sheep in a Jeep! What more can I say!?!? :)

Ephraim's review - That's a funny, funny, funny book. Sheep say "baaaa!"

1 comment:

  1. We love "If you give a mouse a cookie." We also have "If you give a pig a pancake" and "If you give a cat a cupcake." I love how they're circular if that makes sense. My fave is the cupcake one!

    ReplyDelete