Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Book Project, Continued (Books 31-40)

Well folks, it is the much anticipated next installment of the book project... for your reading pleasure, and ours!



My review - This is a cute book about a baby bird on a hunt for its mother. Don't worry, they do find each other! :)

Ephraim's review - "That one was interesting because the mother wasn't a dog. A bird was the mother."


My review - Funny book! The cows are demanding electric blankets from the farmer via typed messages. It has a twist at the end, and it is very cute!

Ephraim's review - "That was pretty cool, and that's all the books I want to talk about." 


My review - The classic, original tale of Curious George and how he came to the states, is a must-read! It is the beginning of that little fella's antics, and I think it's fun to learn where it all started (as he was tricked to leave the jungle, kidnapped, and taken to the zoo! hahah! ...times have changed...)  :)

Ephraim's review - "That was pretty cool about when George got in the cage and he jumped out, and he was free. That was pretty cool. That's not fair. That's crazy."


My review - I adore this book. I seriously do. I hope that Aspen is like Fancy Nancy when she's a little bigger, and I'd love to start a "Fancy Nancy" book collection for her! Nancy loves to dress up all the time and use "fancy" words or speak French. She is TOO cute! :)

Ephraim's review - "That was pretty, pretty sweet because when Fancy Nancy cleaned up the whole house and when her whole family dressed up, that was pretty funny."

My review - Fun, simple, classic book. It doesn't have many words, so it was good for Ephraim to practice reading. I had to do a little explaining of the "between the lines" part of the story, but it's definitely worth reading.

Ephraim's review - "Good Night, Gorilla was the sneakiest one because when the gorilla was back behind the man."

My review - Ok, I've seen the movie, but I honestly didn't even realize there was a book! It is definitely a great book, by the author of "The Polar Express." The two children find a board game that comes to life in their home. This is a fantastic, imaginative book!

Ephraim's review - "Jumanji was a pretty good one when the game started real, when there was alligators and hippopotamus in there, and rhinos."

My review - I heart this book. Why? Because we've tried pretty much every single idea inside it! It is a series of imaginative ideas for the creative use of cardboard boxes. The bunny points out, again and again, that it is "not a box." It is a costume, a space ship, etc. Fun! And I agree, it's NOT A BOX. :)

Ephraim's review - "That was a pretty good story because when he said 'What is that? What is that? What is that? What is that?' because that's when you do it. That's not fair. And he made a space ship."


My review - This is definitely my favorite children's book ever, 100% without a doubt. I could honestly benefit from reading this book every single day. I also think it would be really cute to decorate a child's room in "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" decor! Really, this is an awesome book for adults. If you haven't read it or if you are having a rotten day, read it! I can't recommend it highly enough. Love, love, love this book! LOVE IT.

Ephraim's review - "This was pretty good because when they said all the directions you can go."


My review - "Olivia" is a really sweet, yet realistic book. The thing that I love about "Olivia" is that she's a bit of a well-meaning troublemaker, and her mom is very honest about the fact that Olivia just wears her out sometimes! hahah! This is just reality. Cute book!

Ephraim's review - "That was not sweet because when she tried out all the things and she painted on the wall, that was not sweet."


My review - This is a silly, funny collection of nonsensical rhyming stories, the most well-known being "one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish!" This is a great book for learning rhyming sounds and having a good laugh!

Ephraim's review - "That was pretty good for bye bye, gum hum. That's it."


My review - Ok, I have to admit that I didn't love "Strega Nona." I'll just leave it at that. ;)

Ephraim's review - "That was pretty good that the whole village was a noodle town. RRAACKKRAAAA!!!" What was that? "I was talking in a crazy voice about the whole noodle town."


My review - I remember reading this book when I was little! How fun! This family goes out hunting bears, through many different terrains, and has to run back through all of the same obstacles once they do finally find a bear! What a crazy, fun family. :)

Ephraim's review - "That was pretty good because when the bear goes in somebody's house. HAHOHAHAHAHHO! I am talking in a crazy voice because it's so funny."

1 comment:

  1. Noah really likes "Are you my Mother",
    "Oh the Places you will go" is on our list to get (we have a book store giftcard that I'm super excited to spend!)
    and his grandma just got him "Going on a Bear Hunt" very cute book!

    ReplyDelete