Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

30th Birthday Disney World Adventure!

Yesterday, December 29, 2010, was my 30th birthday! Crazy! I'm a real grown-up now. If the marriage, mortgage, and children didn't do it, surely turning 30 did. :)

We were trying to figure out what we were going to do for the big day because I do have a birthday at a rather difficult time of year to plan ANOTHER party... slap in the middle of Christmas and New Years is a bit tricky! I said, "Why don't we just take the kids and go away for the day?" We tossed out a few ideas and decided to sleep on it. The next day, out of the blue, I received a text message from the lovely Joy Turner. It said something like, "So this is random, but would you guys be interested in 3 free tickets to Disney World? The only catch is that they have to be used before December 31, 2010." UHHH, WHAT!?!? YES! Thank You, Lord! And Joy! And Happy Birthday to me! So a free trip to Disney World was on the agenda. We headed out early yesterday morning and had tons of fun with the kiddos the whole day through. It was Aspen's first trip to Disney, so that was especially fun. For the record, I have NEVER seen Disney as full as it was yesterday. They were actually turning people away! There were cars parked on the grass perimeter of the parking lots! IN.SANE. Totally fun, but IN.SANE.!!!

Also, on the way home, I got to eat dinner from Miami Subs! Man, I miss that place. If you have a serious Miami Subs craving, I know there is one at exit 94 on I-4! (You have to be really devoted, obviously... or maybe pregnant.) Anyway, I was pretty thrilled about that!

Quincy asked me at one point yesterday if I felt 30. I told him that in some ways I felt more 30, and some ways I felt less. I felt less 30 because, well, I was at Disney World. I felt more 30 because, well, I was thinking about the length of the lines, parking, crowds, keeping track of my children, diapers, taking pictures, and not just being totally lost in the "magic" all day. I suppose that is the life of a grown-up! Anyway, I wanted to share some photographic highlights from the day. Enjoy!






























4 comments:

  1. Awww looks like loads of fun and a great way to spend your birthday!

    I love the picture of Ephraim, you and Buzz. Ephraim looks like he's biting his nails in terror. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love Disney! Glad you had a great birthday with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome Birthday gift!!!! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you had a nice birthday. We had a blast ourselves at Disney..despite the one hour lines and $6 popcorn Ha

    ReplyDelete