Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Book of Thanks

 Earlier this month, my friend Rebecca posted a blog about Thanksgiving traditions. She specifically highlighted a "Thanksgiving Book of Thanks."

Quincy and I have kept one of these since 2007. I have absolutely no clue where we got the idea, or why we started doing it. :) We just like traditions! Anyway, someone gave us this scrapbook when we got married, and scrapbooking is where I draw the line as far as crafting goes (for now, anyway! hahah).


For the past 3 years, we have just been writing lists of things we are thankful for inside the book. Because I'm so not a scrapbooker, it never even occurred to me to make it look nice! I decided if I was going to blog about it though, I needed to "pretty it up!" I added a photo from each year and sewed a cover for it from scraps around my house. Enjoy!







By the way, the very best part of these books are the things for which your kids are thankful. Here are Ephraim's lists. When he's old enough, I will let him do the writing himself. This year, he can at least write his own name on the page.

In 2008, when he was almost one and a half years old, he was thankful for the following.  "O, W, G, arff arff, Mom, and Dad." (Yes, we forced the "Mom and Dad" part.)

In 2009, when he was two and a half years old, he was thankful for "Biscuit (which he was eating at the time), Cracker Jack and M&M (my parents), Uncle Beau and Aunt Lauren (my brother and his wife), Ephraim (one can never be too thankful for oneself), Everything (just to cover all the bases), O-M-O, Blue Work, Go Gators, Go Gator Cracker Jack, and Miss Rebeccup (Rebecca Schmidt)." Fun times!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

4 comments:

  1. And I am so thankful that you have taken the time to do this. I am sorry I don't have these things to share from your childhood, but, I love that your children will. I am thankful for all of you and love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jennifer! Just sad I have never thought to do this myself....until now, due to your most inspiring blog :) So excited to find a book & make this one of our new traditions! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! We always do Thanksgiving letters, but I like the idea of compiling them into a book w/ a family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love this idea and love the cover you did for it!!

    ReplyDelete