Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Little Bit 'O Yarn

....goes a long way!


Here is another crochet flower. This flower is about 4 inches wide, and has a layered effect to it. It would make a great barrette, headband, pin, or accent on a crochet wreath (as suggested by Eva!).


Again, I am completely a novice at writing down patterns. Forgive me if it is crazy!


Materials:  I used a G hook and a little bit of red cotton yarn. The size of hook and gauge is not really important. Flowers can be any size! :)



Ch 3, join with sl st to form a ring.
Round 1. Ch 5, *sc in ring, ch 3, rep from * 6 times. Join with sl st to 2nd ch of beg ch.
Round 2. *[Sc, hdc, 3 dc, hdc, sc] in next ch-3 sp, rep from * 6 times. Join with sl st to beg sc.
Round 3. Sc through back of sc of Rnd 2, ch 4, * sk next sc, sc through back of next sc of Rnd 2, ch 4, rep from * 5 times. Join with sl st to beg sc.
Round 4. *[Sc, hdc, 5 dc, hdc, sc] in next ch-6 sp, rep from * 6 times. Join with sl st to beg sc.
Round 5. Sc through back of sc of Rnd 4, ch 6, * sk next sc, sc through back of next sc of Rnd 4, ch 6, rep from * 5 times. Join with sl st to beg sc.
Round 6. Rep Rnd 4. Fasten off. Use a yarn needle to weave in ends.

Rounds 3 and 5 might be a little bit confusing. I took a picture to show you how it looks. It is kind of like you are making a new row "behind" the previous row of petals.


This is the finished product! Isn't it cute?



And this is a back view, just to give you an idea of how it should look when you crochet behind the front layer.


I thought this flower would be cute with a button, or a rhinestone, or maybe even a couple of yellow stitches in an x-formation across the center. I didn't actually sew the button on, but you get the idea!



3 comments:

  1. Total cuteness! I have no idea what any of the stuff above meant, I can't crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!!! If I had a little girl who would wear these, I would make them.. guess I need to save this tho for those grandbabies that will be coming in the next 5-10 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. Makes me want to learn to crochet or knit. Not really sure the difference. I have way too many hobbies going on right now though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete