Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Crochet Christmas Wreath

I finished the crochet Christmas wreath today!

After crocheting a long strip in a variety of colors, I began to attach it to a 14-inch green floral wreath.


I just wrapped it around the wreath and used a single crochet to sew it together.




After I worked my way around the wreath, I then worked a single crochet around to top to complete the rest of the seam.


Next, I added some buttons to the centers of my flowers, and sewed them on with some really thin yellow yarn, and added a simple red ribbon at the top!




Voila! What a cute, easy project!

If you'd like to make it yourself, here's how you do it.

Using a G hook and medium worsted weight yarn, ch 21. Turn. Sk 1st st. Dc across. Turn. *Ch 2. Dc across. Repeat from * across until the rectangle reaches the required length to cover your wreath. Assemble as noted above!

To make the flowers, follow the pattern here.

Enjoy! :)



3 comments:

  1. Yah!!! I love it! I love this colors and the pop of red you added to it! Really cute!!

    ReplyDelete