Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bryan Turner Benefit Day!

Calling all Crafters, Bakers, and Generous Donors!!!

Where my crafters at!??! I know you're out there, and I know you are ready and willing to help the Turner family.

We are in the process of getting the Bryan Turner Benefit Day on the books. It will likely be in late August or early September, so I wanted to give you time to get to work. University Baptist Church will be hosting the event. We are planning to have a craft sale, bake sale, live bands, bounce house, food, drinks, and even a silent auction if we are able to obtain some desirable items from generous donors. All of the proceeds of the day will benefit the Bryan Turner Family Fund.

I don't know about you guys, but there are very few things that get me more excited than crafting, but crafting for a good cause is one of them!

Let me know if you plan to make some items. Let's brainstorm. We don't want to have too many duplicate items. Variety is "spice of life." (Anybody remember that commercial?)

If you aren't a crafter but can whip up a mean brownie, let me know! Join the bake sale crew!

Perhaps you do not fall in any of the above categories. Feel free to place yourself in the position of generous donor. You can donate by purchasing crafts, food, or other items at the benefit day, or you can donate items of value for the silent auction.

I have set up an email address dedicated to this day, bryanturnerbenefitday@gmail.com. Feel free to email me there if you have something you'd prefer to discuss privately. Once we get the date settled, I will probably create a Facebook group for organizers and participants, as well as a Facebook event page.

If you attend a church or are part of a ministry that worked with Bryan Turner and would like to be your local coordinator, please contact me. I need all the help I can get!

I am so excited to be able to bless the Turner family and remember Bryan with a day of family-friendly fun!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, whatever I can do for you at UBC just let me know. I am the Events Coordinator at University and I would love to help you!

    Tami Kinsman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can bake! Let me know what is needed!

    -Stacey Houghton

    ReplyDelete