Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Craft Hope and Krochet Kids

I discovered something new today and I'm so excited! It is called Craft Hope. The site's description is below.

"Craft Hope is a love inspired project designed to share handmade crafts with those who need them. It is our hope to combine our love for crafting and desire to help others into a project to make a difference around the world."

I LOVE IT!  I love crafts, and I need outlets for my crafts. Also, they have regular, ongoing projects, so it's really great to have ongoing goals and ideas. And best of all, the crafts will help those in need!



Some of the recently completed projects are knit scarves for The Orphan Foundation and quilts for Margaret's Hope Chest.

There are some other sites out there like this one as well, but Craft Hope is new to me.

If you desire a project for a cause, check them out. Also, try Mama to Mama!

There's another site that I really love, which is kind of similar. It is called Krochet Kids. You have to go read their story. It will crack you up and make you smile. I saw these guys on PBS once and just loved the idea and their hearts, and the fact that they are just a few silly young guys who decided to make a difference (remniscent of Invisible Children).



Anyway, there are a few ways to do good with your craftiness or your dollars, or both!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had time to "craft" I have the "hope" part down though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet...that is such a cool thing. I have to read up on them and then figure out how to be really crafty.

    ReplyDelete